Posted on July 31 2020
SILENT AUCTION FOR CHARITY
by street artist Chris Shea, aka State of the Art
Paint on Canvas, signed by artist
92 x 92 x 4 cm
Proceeds to The Trussell Trust.
CURRENT HIGHEST BID: £50.oo
State of the Art has donated over £26,000 from the sales of his art to NHS charities and not wanting to be left out, Seed have bought this artwork from him so that our donation can also be paid forward.
We are now giving you the opportunity to help us donate even more. We are having a silent auction for “Rainbow Boy” donating all proceeds to The Trussell Trust, dedicated to ending hunger in the UK with over 1200 food banks nationwide.
Please help us raise as much money as possible by placing a bid, spreading the word and sharing this great cause with others.
We will keep you updated on this web page and on our social media platforms to let you know the current highest bid.
The auction will be open from 1st August 2020 and close at 23.59 on August 31st. 2020. The winner will be announced here and on our social media platforms on 1st September 2020.
The artwork is currently on display in our shop in Frome if you want to come and see it for your self!
How Silent Auctions Work:
During silent auctions anyone that wishes to buy an item will make a bid by letting the auctioneer know the amount they would be willing to pay. At the close of the auction the item goes to the individual who made the highest bid. That individual will then be expected to pay their bid price in full to the auctioneer for exchange of the item.
In this case the item up for auction is ‘Rainbow Boy’ by State of the Art and the auctioneer is us, Seed.
How To Place a Bid for Rainbow Boy:
Contact us on any of these three platforms, whichever is easiest for you.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook Messenger: facebook.com/designsbyseed
- Instagram Direct Message: instagram.com/designsbyseed
In your message please include in the subject header or at the top of your message the words,
“Bid for Rainbow Boy”
And let us know your,
- Your Bid Amount
- Email and/or Contact Number
- Delivery Address
And that’s it; your bid has been placed!
- All bids are legally binding and by placing a bid you are agreeing to our terms and conditions so it is extremely important that you read through our T&C’s below before placing a bid to make sure you are happy with everything.
- We will contact the winner privately on the 1st September to inform them and discuss payment and delivery. Please also let us know if you would like to remain anonymous
- Delivery costs may apply, please see T&C’s.
Terms & Conditions
- By placing a bid you are agreeing to our terms and conditions outlined below.
- All bids are legally binding, if your bid is the highest bid at the close of the auction you are legally required to pay your bid price in full.
- The auction will be open from 1st August 2020 and close at 23.59 on August 31st
- If you place the highest bid, you are the winner of the auction and will be notified on 1st September 2020.
- If you are the highest bidder you will be expected to pay the full bid price for the painting within 5 working days of us contacting you.
- If one person makes multiple offers, their highest offer will be the one deemed to be the valid one.
- No auction fees apply during this auction; you will only be expected to pay your exact bid price plus any delivery charges that may occur. Please see next point.
- Delivery: We are based in Frome, Somerset, UK so the painting can be collected from us if you are local or we will deliver the painting for free if you are within a 5 mile radius of Frome. Beyond this; delivery and handling charges will apply.
- The painting will only be released/delivered once proof of full payment has been received.
- By placing a bid you are giving us permission to store your personal information and contact you with news and updates all in accordance with GDPR.